Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Best wax to use on my Black C300??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Sport
Best wax to use on my Black C300??

Really wanna try to buy the best stuff for my C300. We all know Black is one of the hardest colors to take care of, but when it is....looks the best out there!! Was looking at the Swissvax products but there are so many to choose from!! Anyone have some insight as to which one I should get>:

-Bill
Old 12-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

NA
Originally Posted by C300Hotness
Really wanna try to buy the best stuff for my C300. We all know Black is one of the hardest colors to take care of, but when it is....looks the best out there!! Was looking at the Swissvax products but there are so many to choose from!! Anyone have some insight as to which one I should get>:

-Bill
The most important thing to remember Bill is that prep work is more important than the wax. You need to properly clay and polish the paint before even considering a wax. My best advice is to invest in a good polisher, some Menzerna polishes, and then consider a wax that suits you. Synthetic waxes exhibit more shine and gloss. Natural carnauba-based waxes have greater depth and achieve a great gloss. One of my favorite synthetic waxes is einszett Glanz. It's easy to work with, doesn't take long to apply and remove, and is very inexpensive. You mentioned swissvax...my favorite swissvax for the consumer is Concorso. It's a little bit of an investment, but that one jar will do about 50 applications...you only need to wax 2-3 times per year so you can imagine the value you get for your money.

Hope this helps a bit.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

NA
Forgot to mention...all the items I spoke of are currently on promotion on our site:

www.glisteningperfection.com
Old 01-09-2010, 10:17 AM

none
Originally Posted by C300Hotness

-Bill
I have heard about Swissvax but at $5000.00 a wop it's out of my price range.
The best thing I found is VaporWax an acrylic paint conditioner that works on all colors but was actually designed for Black automotive acrylic paint.
It's non abrasive, leaves no residue, does not yellow and can be used in all temperture from freezing below zero to bright hot sunlight with consistant results.
www.ibc34.com/VaporWax.html .
Old 01-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

NA
Originally Posted by sidwynder
I have heard about Swissvax but at $5000.00 a wop it's out of my price range.
The best thing I found is VaporWax an acrylic paint conditioner that works on all colors but was actually designed for Black automotive acrylic paint.
It's non abrasive, leaves no residue, does not yellow and can be used in all temperture from freezing below zero to bright hot sunlight with consistant results.
www.ibc34.com/VaporWax.html .
I suggested Swissvax Concorso...it's about $240. But a good wax would also be einszett Glanz and that's about $20. I wouldn't recommend the higher-end waxes that are in the thousands to your average DIYer...a collector or an enthusiast could justify the investment and appreciate the difference in experience and end result.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...-wax%2C/Detail

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...00mL%2C/Detail