Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

using nxt tech wax 2.0 question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 CLK 320
using nxt tech wax 2.0 question

hey. I will be giving my car a Clay Bar and Wax in the upcoming weekend. I was wondering if i should be using my hand to wax it as opposed to an orbital? Most guys i see using nxt are waxing by hand but all i see those posts are back in 06. lol

So anyone have experience in both. this is going to be a beginners wax job but better late than never right?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Oh and another quick question, do we need to polish our cars. all the online tutorials are using older cars with little or no shine. and from what ive been reading, most guys just wash and wax so where does this polish step come into play?
is it needed? doesnt it take off a layer of paint?

Brian

Last edited by bheng; 01-09-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NA
Originally Posted by bheng
hey. I will be giving my car a Clay Bar and Wax in the upcoming weekend. I was wondering if i should be using my hand to wax it as opposed to an orbital? Most guys i see using nxt are waxing by hand but all i see those posts are back in 06. lol

So anyone have experience in both. this is going to be a beginners wax job but better late than never right?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Oh and another quick question, do we need to polish our cars. all the online tutorials are using older cars with little or no shine. and from what ive been reading, most guys just wash and wax so where does this polish step come into play?
is it needed? doesnt it take off a layer of paint?

Brian
Polishing is THE most important step in a proper detail. I would be concerned with properly claying and polishing first. If you do that correctly, you can wax by hand or machine...with a machine like a DA, you'll get a more even application of wax. I personally wax by hand using a microfiber applicator if applying a liquid wax.