Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLS63 AMG 030; 1970 Ford Mustang Coupe
Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax

Has anyone else used this wax? I used to have a silver car and I thought it worked pretty good.

Yesterday, I used this on my black CLS63. I noticed it left an oil type residue/film on the car that could only be seen in the light. It was extremely difficult to get off, even with a random orbital buffer. I assume this is the "protective" barrier that the manufacturer claims it leaves on the paint which is fine, but on black cars it is an eye sore. After a couple of hours of polishing with the buffer, and by hand I got most of it off. The shine is nice, but so labor intensive. I didn't notice this film on my silver car. This wax is probably best used on lighter colors.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SOLD both: 1987 560SL 2003 ML320
I've xperienced some of this with my white SL. It was only visible under certain light; like in the garage. It took more buffing with a real fluffy microfiber to blend it in. I still like the product, though.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NA
Originally Posted by drmike5000
Has anyone else used this wax? I used to have a silver car and I thought it worked pretty good.

Yesterday, I used this on my black CLS63. I noticed it left an oil type residue/film on the car that could only be seen in the light. It was extremely difficult to get off, even with a random orbital buffer. I assume this is the "protective" barrier that the manufacturer claims it leaves on the paint which is fine, but on black cars it is an eye sore. After a couple of hours of polishing with the buffer, and by hand I got most of it off. The shine is nice, but so labor intensive. I didn't notice this film on my silver car. This wax is probably best used on lighter colors.
Apply it it in thin coats, and if you see streaks, use a detail spray and mf towel to blend it in.