Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Vinyl Yellowing - e320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010 | 08:39 AM

2004 s600
Vinyl Yellowing - e320

I have a 2000 E320 with a Java interior, which is the combination of dark brown and beige. The beige (glove box and adjacent panel strips) seems to be yellowing slightly. I only used 303 protectant since new. Otherwise it is in perfect condition, but if you compare the color of this area with the color under the steering wheel (where sun doesn't get to it), you can easily see the difference. It's the difference between a nice clean beige and ... well... a hint of yellowed beige. Never been any smoker in the car.
Old 02-23-2010 | 11:58 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

NA
Originally Posted by LewS
I have a 2000 E320 with a Java interior, which is the combination of dark brown and beige. The beige (glove box and adjacent panel strips) seems to be yellowing slightly. I only used 303 protectant since new. Otherwise it is in perfect condition, but if you compare the color of this area with the color under the steering wheel (where sun doesn't get to it), you can easily see the difference. It's the difference between a nice clean beige and ... well... a hint of yellowed beige. Never been any smoker in the car.
Can you post a picture?
Old 02-23-2010 | 01:17 PM

2004 s600
I could but you couldn't see it. Its just a slight differing in tint. It's just enough to be noticeable but it's clearly there.