Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Ferrari 350 Modena

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
german car v6
Ferrari 350 Modena

Ferrari 350 Modena with black /pearl paint. Car looks good from distance but at a closer inspection the paint finish was damage: haze, holograms , swirls.

I start with interior. All the interior leather (seats, dash,doors, ceiling, rear panel) was clean and dress , I use a soft brush , microfiber towels and meguiar`s cleaner conditioner. CF of the seats got optiseal.
Few before /after with interior.

The weels was wash with car soap and agitated with brushes, after that I use some metal polish paste to polish the wheels . tires got m40 (meguiar`s vinyl cleaner conditioner)
The car was wash with onr , and claybar the paint and windows. After that was pulled in the garage and prep for paint correction.

A test spot was done and the winner was 105 on green foam pad (light cutting pad) on DA and for finish polish I try 205 and polish pad , finish pad and didn`t work was give me a haze so I step down with blue final finish Cobra Cross Groove pad , very soft pad. That work with 205 like a charm. I consider the paint soft due the easy correction done by hand at the air vents by the doors.

Pictures with test-spot , initial paint damage and correction. A good 95%+ correction was achieve.

Test spot

Before

After

Swirlfree

As protection I use 2 coats of blackfire wet diamond sealant for paint and optiseal for all clear bra.all done by hand.

Afters:

Old 05-14-2010, 11:51 PM

german car v6

Old 05-15-2010, 04:18 AM

07 E63. 07 STi limited #606/800
i've never heard of a 350 modena. 360 modena you mean?
Old 05-15-2010, 08:54 PM

german car v6
Originally Posted by infantry
i've never heard of a 350 modena. 360 modena you mean?
u right 360