Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Help! Sunscreen Tranferred from Skin to Nappa Leather - What do I do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car
Question Help! Sunscreen Tranferred from Skin to Nappa Leather - What do I do?

My family has a 2006 Mercedes-Benz S500 (equipped with Nappa Leather) and apparently some of my family ended up having their sunscreen transfer onto the leather of the car on the seats, doors, and armrest.

Because of this, I have some questions I must ask:

1. Would Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil and Prestine Clean remove it and recondition it (I have to recondition it since the previous owner used something like Armor All and made some of the leather covering the airbags rougher than usual Nappa)?

2. Would the instructions in the "How to" sticky (https://mbworld.org/forums/detailing...atherique.html) be the proper way to apply the Leatherique?

3. Should I go for the 16 or 32oz. kit?: http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...tioning/Detail

3. Can the Leatherique products be applied to every surface with leather?

Thank you for all the help/

Last edited by CarboyS; 06-22-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:22 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

NA
no worries...leatherique will defintily do the trick. The whole process will make the leather better than new. Get the 32 oz rejuvinator and the 16oz prestine clean...you always use more RO than you do PC. Let me know if you have further questions
Old 06-23-2010, 06:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Since body dirt and oil are a big stain factor in leather; be cognizant of bare skin when you are in your vehicle.

Leather Master Rapid S Cleaner (A-Aniline / Non-Coated) (P-Protected / Coated) is a concentrated cleaner specifically designed for automotive leather (including Nappa and Perforated) that have accumulated dirt, soil, and dye transfer and body oils.

Prevention - If you or your girlfriend / wife use suntan lotion a lot, be sure to use a towel when you get back in your vehicle so that the oil does not get onto your leather. You should also use a towel when leaving the gym as perspiration contains organic acids

Last edited by TOGWT; 06-23-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:17 AM

Car
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
no worries...leatherique will defintily do the trick. The whole process will make the leather better than new. Get the 32 oz rejuvinator and the 16oz prestine clean...you always use more RO than you do PC. Let me know if you have further questions
I saw a package on your website and I was wondering: Is it better to use the pads included or to use your hands as stated in the insturctions I found?