Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

My spray bottle test

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My spray bottle test

The best quality sprayers I could find(in my limited area) were at Lowes , Home Depot, Pep Boys, a local auto paint store and a cleaning supply outlet.

*Spence cleaning supplies- No better bottle than you would find at Walmart, end of story and a waste of time.

*Zep bottle-a great sprayer, never leaks even upside down, good control, big, sprays vast areas with ease. Cons- could be too big, heavy when full, you must be very careful not to let the spray tip touch your car's surface, for some reason the sprayer, maybe because it's big and heavy, wants to move toward the car's surface and the Zep tip could very easily scratch your car.

*Spraymaster-grey bottle at Home Depot- an okay sprayer and the best warranty at 5 years but the damn thing leaks when upside down. I called Delta Industries, makers of the Spraymaster and the woman had an attitude, admits it leaks but gives reason that the sprayer needs air to work right. Nice looking bottle, Control is great, not to big or small. Choose this sprayer if you never intend to use the bottle upside down or at extreme angles.

*Meguires burgandy bottle - This is #1 because of ease of use, you can choose big or small but the small fits very nice in the hand, reliable mist, very hard to scratch the car due to inverted low profile tip. Cons - misting can get old if you need a more powerful stream or if you want a quick QDing like with Zep(sprays bigger, faster). The Meg's bottle lets you save the stuff, uses less compared to Zep, which saves you money.

I wish I had more bottles to test, but I don't. I decided on the Zep and Meg's bottles.

Checked out Target, Walmart, bed Bath Beyond, K-mart and they had generic stuff, didn't seem high quality.

Good Luck
Old 04-20-2003, 03:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55
Ray,

You wrote >>The best quality sprayers I could find(in my limited area) were at Lowes , Home Depot, Pep Boys, a local auto paint store<<

Where did you find the Zep spray bottle? And the Meguiars?

I am not happy with the spray bottle that Zaino uses for their Z-6 Gloss Enhancer, so I am anxious to find something a little better. Which products do you generally use in spray bottles?

Mac

Las Vegas, NV / Miami, FL