Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Paintless dent repair???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
Paintless dent repair???

I've had real good luck in the past with this but this is different. My car is a custom pearl yellow and hard to match. I took it to a mechanic and he closed the hood on something that put an upward heave in the hood (protruding out). Very subtle but I know it's there none the less. I took it to the body shop whho did the work and they said because it is an "outee" not an "inee" like a door ding, it's going to be tough. Also it covers a larger area than a door ding because of the mechanism in which it happened. Very reluctant to try to match custom pearl yellow. Any suggestions?
Old 11-17-2010, 10:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'87 560SL Sold, '99 SL500 For Keeps
It strikes me that the mechanic should be paying for whatever you do with this ding, he's got liability insurance to cover it. I've used paintless dent remover guys down here and the can work wonders with any type of dent, ding, etc. as long as the paint's not 'broken', you'll never notice their work. Get a referral from the MB dealer (or any other upscale car dealer) on who they use.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by traumadoc
I've had real good luck in the past with this but this is different. My car is a custom pearl yellow and hard to match. I took it to a mechanic and he closed the hood on something that put an upward heave in the hood (protruding out). Very subtle but I know it's there none the less. I took it to the body shop whho did the work and they said because it is an "outee" not an "inee" like a door ding, it's going to be tough. Also it covers a larger area than a door ding because of the mechanism in which it happened. Very reluctant to try to match custom pearl yellow. Any suggestions?
Shop around or get good referrals. A good dent person can take out "outees" as well as "inees". I saw one doing their thing at my place of business that had both ins and outs and the end result was incredible.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Originally Posted by BJonesFL
It strikes me that the mechanic should be paying for whatever you do with this ding, he's got liability insurance to cover it ...
+1