Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Hand Car Wash Near Stamford, CT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
--
Hand Car Wash Near Stamford, CT?

Anyone have any recommendations for a hand car wash in or near Stamford, CT? I know I should do it myself, but I live in an apartment building so I don't really have a spot (and the self service bays seem to rely on power washers here). Willing to drive a little bit for quality; I'm thinking of going every two weeks and then using a waterless or no-rinse car wash product in between. Thanks.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:16 PM

2013 BMW 528Xi; 2010 C300 SportW4 - sold; 1964 230SL
I am open to hearing some thoughts on this as well. My wife works in Greenwich and I sometimes work out my Firm's office in Stamford. I would like a hand car wash option in the area...I have yet to find one.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:20 PM

2007 E550 4-Matic
Hi - Splash in Norwalk is good. Probably 20 min up 95 from you but give them a shot. They are a few hundred feet north of Stew Leonards.

http://www.splashcarwashes.com/categ...norwalk-ct.htm

Edit - They have locations closer to you but I can't speak to them as to whether they are hand wash locations.

Last edited by FT Benz; 01-25-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:32 AM

Civic 2005
Originally Posted by EamCatuli
Anyone have any recommendations for a hand car wash in or near Stamford, CT? I know I should do it myself, but I live in an apartment building so I don't really have a spot (and the self service bays seem to rely on power washers here). Willing to drive a little bit for quality; I'm thinking of going every two weeks and then using a waterless or no-rinse car wash product in between. Thanks.
You might want to check out hand car wash services of DetailXperts they are based in Detroit, but might have a franchise in your area.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:53 AM

Sl500
this car wash is better than a hand wash

I went to this car wash and is much safer and better than a hand wash.

It uses a marshmallow type cleaning material that cannot trap or hold dirt the way the sponges can at a hand wash. Also have you seen the bucket they clean from? They typically don't get cleaned often enough. When dirt is trapped into these sponges it is like using sand paper on the car's paint.

This car wash uses an abundance of soap and warm water. Apparently no car washes use warm water because it is way to expensive, but they have solar panels to heat the water. They also don't use acid on the rims, which is horrible for the rim's finish not to mention the braking system.

My car has never been cleaner... rims too. They are pretty inexpensive... $21.95 for a works wash and you can come back within three days for a free exterior.

They are in stamford on greenwich avenue. I looked up their website, it is www.greenwichavenuecarwash.com