Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Ultimate Test! SONAX Full Effect Wheel Cleaner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 02:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 S550
Ultimate Test! SONAX Full Effect Wheel Cleaner

The other day I had the chance to test out the very popular Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner on wheels that hadn't been cleaned in over a year. I never pass up an opportunity to put a product to the ultimate test. I'll tell you guys this; I was skeptical. I wasn't sure anything would clean these wheels without spending half the day doing so.

So after lunch I grabbed some supplies and we headed outside. As usual, it was another beautiful day in Stuart Florida.

Products Used:

-SONAX Full Effect Wheel Cleaner
-5 Gallon Wash Bucket with Grit Guard
-Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush
-Long Handle Tire and Wheel Brush Green
-Griots Garage Car Wash
-All Purpose Microfiber Tire and Wheel Towel

Just to get an idea of how bad these wheels were, we snapped a few pictures before we got started.

As you can see, the brake dust is caked on very thick.

Sonax Full Effect is a very safe, non-acidic wheel cleaner that is safe on ALL wheel finishes.

Before cleaning any wheel, first make sure it is cool to the touch.

After Sonax Full Effect sits on the wheel for about 30 seconds, you can see the transformation take place as it changes colors from green to red. This happens because the wheel cleaner interacts with the iron particles in the caked on brake dust. Not many products actually show that they're working hard to clean your car - but Sonax does!

After we will let it for a couple minutes, it was time to agitate the wheel using our trusty Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush. The Daytona works great for getting in behind spokes and in between brake calipers, especially on wider wheels.

Once all the hard to reach areas were clean, we grabbed our Long Handle Tire and Wheel Brush to clean the face of the wheel and the tires.

All cleaned up, now it's time to rinse and dry using the All Purpose Black Microfiber Wheel and Tire Towel!

Check out those clean wheels!

I was really impressed with this product. I can see why it's so popular with professional detailers who not only need a strong, effective wheel cleaner, but also one that's safe for all wheel finishes.

Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner
Old 01-31-2011, 11:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SOLD both: 1987 560SL 2003 ML320
I love the stuff, but I tend to save it for "special occasions"....like when I encounter super-crusty wheels like those!
Old 02-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2010 S550
Originally Posted by slik560
I love the stuff, but I tend to save it for "special occasions"....like when I encounter super-crusty wheels like those!
That's what puts Sonax Full Effect into a league of its own, the fact that you can safely clean delicate wheels that haven't been properly cleaned in months, or even years!
Old 02-03-2011, 09:47 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
VERY impressive!
Old 02-03-2011, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
why is there such a huge wheel gap? LOL
Old 02-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2010 S550
Originally Posted by gsrjc
why is there such a huge wheel gap? LOL
More than likely because the wheel/tire combo from the factory consists of a smaller wheel with a much larger tire compared to the aftermarket wheels/tires on the vehicle now.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:02 PM

2013 E350 4Matic
Believe it!
This stuff works!
I have had 4 cars (x3, x5, A4, c350) that were brake dust monsters. Wish I had this stuff years ago.
Buy with confidence from Autogeek. They stand behind their products