Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Best non abrasive wax(es) for a new car? Where are they available?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 06:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best non abrasive wax(es) for a new car? Where are they available?

I am getting a new E-Class in a few weeks and would like to wax it then. Which waxes would be suitable? Also, in which stores am I most likely to find them?(I live in the Thousand Oaks/ work in Chatsworth area)
Old 05-08-2003, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First, what color is your car going to be? There are definately different waxes/sealants for different colors.

Second, how would you rank the following values: price, durability, and appearance. Are you one to wax often, or the type that wants something to last 4 months before you have to do it again?
Old 05-09-2003, 04:26 AM

Waxes

My color will be capri blue. I would like it top shine as much as possible, but don't have the time to wax every week, so long durability would be a plus point. Also, what long lasting vinyl protectant for the interior could you recommend?
Old 05-09-2003, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you value a nice shine and durability, I would more than likely recommend a good sealant. Zaino (www.zainobros.com) would work well as well as Blackfire (www.properautocare.com). Blackfire on the capri blue would look really nice IMO...a little more depth than Zaino. Both are nice though. I'm very partial to carnuba waxes on darker colors, so give S100/P21s a try...the durability is a coin toss depending on your location. It may last a decent month or less or somewhat more.

HTH!
Old 05-13-2003, 07:16 AM

car wax

My location is Southern California. I have a garage.