Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Autogeek rocks! paint correction pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55, 300cd, e24, P71
Autogeek rocks! paint correction pics

So I don't have many pics to share, but I'm so excited that I had to share what I have haha.

Long story short is that I traded my '84 diesel G-wagen for an '03 e55 amg. The car has been well taken care of, but the past owner always took it to the automatic car wash and being a black car, the swirl marks are terrible on the car.

They are so bad that I was actually really worried about getting them out of the paint. I already had a porter cable 7472 buffer (best car purchase I've ever made) but I was in need of new pads and some new polishes and wax.

I ordered a variety of new pads, and then some wolfgang swirl remover 3.0, wolfgang glaze 3.0, p21s polish, and some meguiers gold class wax.

I've been super busy but today I had a free hour so I couldn't help myself in seeing what the results will be. After about 45 minutes here's the results on the trunk. I'm so excited about the difference and I can't wait to do the whole car. Thanks again autogeek for helping me take a car with wrecked paint and make it look like new!

Before

After

More pics to come once it's done.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:17 PM

2011 Ford Raptor, 2003 FX35, 2008 E63 AMG (Gone but not forgotten)
Wow, that's amazing. Great job and congrats!
Old 03-24-2011, 03:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
WOW !!

i just ordered a PC <in the mail>also and cant decide what pads or polishes to buy was gonna go with menzerna but now im gonna follow this thread and try the same .. My e55 is black and has some swirls like that .. cant wait to see more .. also can u explain which pads your using with which polishes
Old 03-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2010 S550
Awesome work!

For those of you that are interested in picking up a machine polisher and doing your own correction work using the Wolfgang Polishes, we have a couple kits to choose from that include the polisher, Wolfgang Polishes, and the necessary pads for each product. These kits take the guess work out of trying to decide which pads to use with which products.

Now if you have to have the best polisher out there, then I would recommend taking a look at the Flex XC3401. It too is available with the Wolfgang Polishes to effectively remove swirls and scratches.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
what bout polishes n pad .. is it better t buy pads seperate from polishes or is it actually better price to buy it as a combo. like i see these kits without the machines but is there other stuff like smaller pads , more mf towels needed to do a full job
Old 03-28-2011, 02:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2010 S550
Originally Posted by MBFLO
what bout polishes n pad .. is it better t buy pads seperate from polishes or is it actually better price to buy it as a combo. like i see these kits without the machines but is there other stuff like smaller pads , more mf towels needed to do a full job
I would recommend going with a kit. The whole point of the kits are to take the guess work out of trying to decide which polish goes with what pad and so on. Not only that, but with everything included in a kit it is considerably cheaper than buying the items individually.

It's always a good idea to order extra pads and microfiber towels. You can never have too many microfiber towels.