Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Mcguires Ultimate Sealant-impressed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 06:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 SL500
Mcguires Ultimate Sealant-impressed

I was using Liquid Glass on my Silver SL 500. Bought McGuires new Ultimate sealant for my wife's Genesis and was so impressed with it, I used it on my SL 500. Frankly, I think it shines better than the Liquid Glass
Old 05-02-2011, 08:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55 AMG
Very cool - I was thinking of using that next time around.

on a side note, I just went for a walk along Wrightsville with the wife and daughter.. small world
Old 05-04-2011, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK500 cab, 2004 S600 designo mocha
Originally Posted by Stoofpilot
I was using Liquid Glass on my Silver SL 500. Bought McGuires new Ultimate sealant for my wife's Genesis and was so impressed with it, I used it on my SL 500. Frankly, I think it shines better than the Liquid Glass
By sealant do you mean Meguiars Ultimate Wax? Did you use liquid or paste? I love the stuff, but I'll probably go back to their paste type next time. It seems like so few people on here use Meguairs products? That's most of what I use. Clay bar, ultimate wash, ultimate wax, m105, m205, polishing pads, tire dressing, quick detailer. Maybe it's just me?
Old 05-04-2011, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by babyman1737
By sealant do you mean Meguiars Ultimate Wax? Did you use liquid or paste? I love the stuff, but I'll probably go back to their paste type next time. It seems like so few people on here use Meguairs products? That's most of what I use. Clay bar, ultimate wash, ultimate wax, m105, m205, polishing pads, tire dressing, quick detailer. Maybe it's just me?
Something I noticed as well, why do people not like Meguiar's stuff? The clay bar, 105/205 offers some great results. The professional arm of their products has served me well, but I use Menzerna and Swissvax stuff also.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 SL500
I used the liquid wax. It is not really a pure wax. This is way I called it a sealant. I have tried a lot of different waxs and polymer sealants and the Ultimate is up there with the best. I also use their clay bar, 3M polish and glaze before I put the Ultimate on.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:10 PM

E55
I am also a Meguiar's user. Have been ever since I discovered 6 years ago that Mercedes detailing products were actually relabeled Meguiar's. But I get confused with new products appearing every year. I got used to their Tech Wax, liked Tech Wax II. What are the advantages of going with Ultimate?

Has anyone used their Ultimate wash and Wax?
Old 05-23-2011, 10:29 PM

2005 CLK500 cab, 2004 S600 designo mocha
Originally Posted by Pbglas
I am also a Meguiar's user. Have been ever since I discovered 6 years ago that Mercedes detailing products were actually relabeled Meguiar's. But I get confused with new products appearing every year. I got used to their Tech Wax, liked Tech Wax II. What are the advantages of going with Ultimate?

Has anyone used their Ultimate wash and Wax?
I really like their ultimate wash, very cheap price, like $8 at Walmart. The advantage of the Ultimate wax is that it's a synthetic wax. Kind of expensive (like twice as much as their gold class wax), but worth it in my opinion. I go through so little that the cost difference isn't that big of a deal.