Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

87 year old stinch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 01:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 Chrysler Crossfire
87 year old stinch

I recently got an incredible deal on a 2004 E500 with only 28K miles at an auction. The car is like brand new except some scrapes on the bumpers and the smell of the old farts that owned it. The previous owners were 85 and 87 and by the smell of the car they were probably incontinent and didn't change their diapers as often as they should have. I have cleaned every inch of the interior and they only source of the smell now seems to be the front seats. I am thinking of pouring Natures Miracle into them since it contains enzyes but I am not sure what will happen to the leather. Ayone have this problem? What is the best way to get rid of this odor?

I also checked the three air filters. The dust filter was in good shape and didn't smell since it only draws air from outside. I checked the two carbon filters and they stunk so I am going to replace them. I also put the A/C on max recirculation and let the sysem draw in some Ozium and Oust. I am think of doing this again with Lysol.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8

Use an enzyme cleaner (Original Sporiclean) dampen a clean micro fibre towel Wipe down the cushion, from the centre of the spot outward. Turn the cloth often, and rinse and re-moisten when it shows any soil. It depends on how liquid the puke was; with liquid it’s difficult it is to eradicate the smell completely.

The foam or other stuffing may have soaked up stomach acid and may require that you inject an enzyme cleaner, however if this does not remove the odour foam replacement may be necessary

Hypodermic Injector

Finally, a way to destroy those lingering odours that are impossible to reach, this device will inject any liquid odour counteracting agent or disinfectant deep into upholstery foam or carpet padding. Top of the Line (TOTL)
Old 06-26-2011, 10:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 Chrysler Crossfire
TOGWT,

Thanks for the great advice.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
I appreciate the thanks (rare on the internet) glad I could b of some help

Knowledge and understanding unshared is experience wasted...