Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Head Lights & interior leather care

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Head Lights & interior leather care

Guys,

My headlights aren't in that bad condition (for an 7 year old car) and I would like to clean em up and keep em clean and shinny. Whats the best product for that? Again, I don't need to do a restore or anything.

Also, is there anybody in the NOVA area that can condition my leather for me on my E55? I can probably do it myself if I take the time but I want it done right and quick.

I was also looking for an exterior trim cleaner and I am going for the wolfgang exterior trim sealent. I have used their products in the past on my corvette and have had good results.

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Q1: My headlights aren't in that bad condition (for an 7 year old car) and I would like to clean em up and keep em clean and shinny. Whats the best product for that? Again, I don't need to do a restore or anything.

After washing and drying the surface; use Plexus® Plastic Cleaner to clean and protect the surface. It will seal the tint material and keep it clean. It contains anti-static so it repels the dust and dirt normally attracted to plastic.
It also leaves an invisible, micro-thin layer of protection, sealing the porous surface, making it more resistant to dirt, dust and other contaminants. Regular use will help prevent crazing, yellowing and oxidation which diminishes the plastic's lustre, and appearance, non-streaking, and it dries crystal clear.

Q2: Also, is there anybody in the NOVA area that can condition my leather for me on my E55? I can probably do it myself if I take the time but I want it done right and quick.

The Corvette uses finished leather for their upholstery, that is to say a leather hide that is protected with a urethane covering; urethane doesn’t need conditioning. I would suggest you use 1z Plastic Cleaner (Plastik-Reiniger) - an intensive, non-corrosive, non-acidic two-phase deep cleaner that removes grime build-up, scuff marks, bitumen (tar) and nicotine thoroughly and effortlessly with dust-resistant anti-static action. Use to clean armrests, door handles, shift knobs, vinyl seats, pedals, dashboard, storage compartments, tires, rocker panels, wheel wells, and etc. Water-based formula is biodegradable, silicone and formalin-free as well as environmentally friendly.

And then use Iz Cockpit Premium – an interior care and protectant developed specifically for that original matte-satin factory finish. This is a treatment spray for all interior components including the dash, finished leather and vinyl seats, door handles, trim, navigation screens, stereo head units, and clear plastic. It has very limited cleaning ability but it provides UV protection for interior materials. The gentle formula is water-based and free of oils providing a non-slip finish, which allows for application on the steering wheel, shift knob and both finished leather and vinyl upholstery.

Q3: I was also looking for an exterior trim cleaner and I am going for the wolfgang exterior trim sealent. I have used their products in the past on my corvette and have had good results.

Periodically clean using Iz einszett 'Plastik-Reiniger' an intensive, non-corrosive, non-acidic two-phase deep cleaner for that removes grime build-up thoroughly and effortlessly, these chemicals restore the original texture, tactile feel and resiliency