Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

What do people use to clean out the perforations in leather seats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E550 4-Matic
What do people use to clean out the perforations in leather seats?

I have a 2007 E class with the leather seats that have little pinholes or perforations in them. My kids generally use my back seat as their private cafeteria and playroom. I vaccumed but there are small bits of sand, food, etc that are stuck in some of the pinholes. Any suggestions on how to open those up?
Old 07-22-2011, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK500 cab, 2004 S600 designo mocha
Toothpick w/ small vacuum.

Tough to reach areas like air vents I use q-tips.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by FT Benz
I have a 2007 E class with the leather seats that have little pinholes or perforations in them. My kids generally use my back seat as their private cafeteria and playroom. I vaccumed but there are small bits of sand, food, etc that are stuck in some of the pinholes. Any suggestions on how to open those up?
Easy, use a vacuum with at least 2.0HP, I have a small wet dry vac. Use the wan attachment, and it sucks my perforated seats clean.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Leather Master™ Foam Cleaner - the advantage of foam over liquid is the minimum amount of moisture, very important for cleaning absorbent and moisture sensitive (Aniline, including perforated) finished or non-finished leathers.Foam doesn't get lodged in the perforations, avoiding the use of toothpicks for removal. Leather Master™ Foam Cleaner is a solvent free pump action product, which is extremely efficient for the cleaning of general soiling and water based stains.

For deep cleaning foam cleaner is the most effective way of getting a thorough clean on leather. The foam allows the cleaner dwell time so that the dirt can be lifted more easily. The foam holds the dirt in suspension, avoiding the possibility of being simply pushed around or being re-deposited on the surface.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Silver CLS550, Blk M45, Lexus GX470 & an endless fleet of Avis Premium Rental Cars
works like a champ! A little time consuming but the results are well worth it