Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Blackfire Wet Diamond vs. Black Paint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 S550
Blackfire Wet Diamond vs. Black Paint

New products lines are constantly being added to the site. Last week was no different with the addition of the Blackfire line of car care products. Of all the product lines added to the Autogeek store in the last several months, I think most of us will agree that Blackfire was one of the most anticipated. Blackfire has a product for every square inch of your car, inside and out. Metal polishing? Check. Paint correction? Check. Interior cleaning and conditioning? Check. Blackfire products feature the latest in surface care technology to ensure they perform with the best in the industry.

Of all the Blackfire products available, their flagship sealant - Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, is the most talked about. It is without question the most anticipated and the most sought after Blackfire product. Those who have heard about it keep asking Is it that good?

The minute Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection was within walking distance, I had a bottle sitting on my desk. I didn't want to test Blackfire Wet Diamond on just any color vehicle, my heart was set on black. I found a donor vehicle and didn't waste any time. As soon as the weekend arrived, my friend's black Corolla was parked in the driveway eager for a coat of Blackfire Wet Diamond.

My friend's Toyota is meticulously maintained so no correction work was needed. To ensure the best performance, look, and durability was achieved with the Wet Diamond, I prepped the paint using the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish. The polish was applied using a Porter Cable 7424xp with a Lake Country Hydro-Tech Tangerine Polising Pad, and the Sealant was applied on the same machine but with a Lake Country CCS Red Wax Pad.

After priming the Tangerine pad to ensure even coverage of the Gloss Enhancing Polish, I applied four dime size drops of product on the pad, set the 7424xp on speed 5 and went to work. What I noticed immediately about this polish is how far a little bit of product goes, and the fact that it wipes off like a high end carnauba paste wax. This is a comparison that you don't hear often when talking about a polish.

Check out the crisp reflections after using the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish.

The Gloss Enhancing Polish cleaned up the paint nicely and now the surface had been properly prepped and ready for the Wet Diamond Sealant. It's important to use the Gloss Enhancing Polish prior to applying the sealant because it ensures the sealant will bond properly so you get the most durability and shine out of the sealant.

The Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection was applied using a Lake Country CCS Red Wax Pad on the 7424xp set to speed 4.

I had previously heard that Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection went on thin, but I never expected it to go on this thin. The initial amount that I applied to the pad was more than enough product to do nearly half the car. After completing the entire car, I let the sealant dry to a haze for about fifteen minutes then wiped it off using a Cobra Microfiber Towel. Blackfire Wet Diamond is one of the easiest sealants to remove. When applied thin it wipes off effortlessly.

I'll let the pictures do the talking.

After using these two products and seeing the results for myself, I can't tell you how enthusiastic I am about having the complete line of Blackfire products now available at Autogeek. The Blackfire line is a great addition to an already outstanding selection of quality car care products available at Autogeek, and you know what they say - Don't Just Turn Heads, Create WHIPLASH!

Blackfire Car Care Products
Old 10-11-2011, 02:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 E350
Great Products
Old 10-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 S550
Originally Posted by pizzano
Great Products
Indeed! And we're adding several new products to the Blackfire line. Expect the announcement at SEMA.