Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System VIP Special!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 S550
Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System VIP Special!

This week's VIP Special is the Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System 6 Inch Starter Kit!

The Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System makes paint correction fast and easy with minimal effort required. Designed specifically for the dual action polisher, the Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System has changed the way we look at paint correction. It has become a favorite among professional detailers for its speed and ease of use, but at the same time the kit is so easy to use it's perfect for those who are new to machine polishing and paint correction.

The kit includes...

2 DA Microfiber Correction Discs
2 DA Microfiber Finishing Discs
Backing Plate (5/16 for DA Polishers)
16oz. DA Microfiber Correction Compound
16oz. DA Microfiber Finishing Wax

Plus a free Meguiar's Detailing Apron!

Retail Value of $131.94, VIP Special for only $79.99!

Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System 6 Inch Starter Kit

If you haven't already, sign up to Autogeek's VIP Club to receive exclusive, unadvertised specials every week! Each VIP item is available for one week.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 E350
Hey Nick, have you ever got a response from Meguiars as far as why there new DA pads, especially the compounding pads seperate.

I spoke with a Meguiars rep out here in Vegas at the Barrett Jackson auction and they said they havn't resolved the problem, but its in the works.

I do believe they need to use a more expensive glue product to eliminate seperation.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:39 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 S550
Originally Posted by pizzano
Hey Nick, have you ever got a response from Meguiars as far as why there new DA pads, especially the compounding pads seperate.

I spoke with a Meguiars rep out here in Vegas at the Barrett Jackson auction and they said they havn't resolved the problem, but its in the works.

I do believe they need to use a more expensive glue product to eliminate seperation.
From what I understand, the pads only separate as a result of too much heat built up (ie: too much pressure being applied while at too high of a speed while polishing). We have a stack of Meguiar's MF pads here at the Show Car Garage, and when used properly (speed 3-4 on the DA polishers along with moderate, NOT heavy pressure) they last quite a while.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 E350
Originally Posted by Nick@autogeek
From what I understand, the pads only separate as a result of too much heat built up (ie: too much pressure being applied while at too high of a speed while polishing). We have a stack of Meguiar's MF pads here at the Show Car Garage, and when used properly (speed 3-4 on the DA polishers along with moderate, NOT heavy pressure) they last quite a while.
Well Im afraid they seperate even used within the stated directions, I do believe they have a problem more so with a higher torgue mchines such as the Griots machine which has more torque and power vs the meguiars machine which Im sure they are tested on.

If you remember correctly , when the product was instroduced to the industry they were boasting of a usage of 50+ uses per pad, more for the finishing pad, I do believe the usage amount prbably breaks sown the effectiveness of the adhesive also.

It is a problem, otherwise Meguiars I dont think would have adressed it as so, hopefully soon the problem will be rectified.