Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

special order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 05:42 PM
moomeh

special order

hey guys, wonder if you can help me with this. my c240 is capri blue which is $640. but then, in optional equipment there is a special order charge of $1,150. i remember i asked the guy what the heck is special order and he said something about extra thing for the paint...like it helps neutralize the acid in bird doo. is that what special order is?
Old 06-05-2003, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230Kompressor
I think 'special order' is about the same price as two tickets to Hawaii for he and his wife! Seriously, never heard of that. You might go to the MB website and do a 'build your vehicle' and see if it shows up on there. Or is it on the 'dealer' sticker? If so, I can't beleive they could do anything to the paint for that much money...good luck.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not positive on this, but most likely I think that charge is for a special color combo (exterior and interior). Some exterior colors don't come with certain interior colors, but if you want it they charge extra for it. You might want to check that out.