Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Z2 or Z5?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230Kompressor
Z2 or Z5?

I'm gonna make the switch...giving up my Zymol and giving Zaino a try! But a question: My car is Orion blue, and though not really swirled or scratched like you see on a black car, there are some surface marks that are visible at the right angle. Am I better off just using the Z2, or should I do a bottle of Z5 first, and then switch to Z2 when I need to replenish? Is there any reason not to use Z5? BTW-I'm going to start off right and do the clay and all that as well. TIA

Also, just in the last few days, Zaino has updated their site, and you can now order on-line! Yeah!

And FWIW...I got tired of keeping all of my 'products' down in my 5 gallon wash bucket, having them leak, and then having to scrub the bucket before I used it. Went to Lowe's and picked up a bucket caddy by AWP ($12.00) and an extra bucket ($2.50). The pockets are really generous in size and hold all but the biggest bottles, which can go down inside anyway. Plenty of storage now, and no more greasy wash bucket! I know it's not the fancy MB bucket caddy, but works just as well for a lot less money.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: Z2 or Z5?

Originally posted by KOMPRESSORnSC
I'm gonna make the switch...giving up my Zymol and giving Zaino a try! But a question: My car is Orion blue, and though not really swirled or scratched like you see on a black car, there are some surface marks that are visible at the right angle. Am I better off just using the Z2, or should I do a bottle of Z5 first, and then switch to Z2 when I need to replenish? Is there any reason not to use Z5? BTW-I'm going to start off right and do the clay and all that as well. TIA

Also, just in the last few days, Zaino has updated their site, and you can now order on-line! Yeah!

And FWIW...I got tired of keeping all of my 'products' down in my 5 gallon wash bucket, having them leak, and then having to scrub the bucket before I used it. Went to Lowe's and picked up a bucket caddy by AWP ($12.00) and an extra bucket ($2.50). The pockets are really generous in size and hold all but the biggest bottles, which can go down inside anyway. Plenty of storage now, and no more greasy wash bucket! I know it's not the fancy MB bucket caddy, but works just as well for a lot less money.
I usually just use Z5 on dark colored cars. You dont REALLY need to use Z2 afterwards. Its hard to tell the difference between the 2.