Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Garage lighting and elecrtical

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Garage lighting and elecrtical

Hi,

We need help and suggestions!

AMonicaG and I are having a new 3 car garage built. It is rather deep so there is room in front of the cars about 6' for spare tires, some workbenches, spare tire and a small air compressor at this time. It has 100 amp service. There are 2 bulbs on each of 3 garage door openers. There are 3 small windows high above this area facing west. I'd say the mounting rafters are 10' above the floor. Were are going to place the outlets well above the floor so they don't get wet. We are located in the NW Connecticut region. The short driveway slopes away from the Garage for drainage. There is an all season water outlet next to the garage so we intend washing outside.

We were going to put up the usual fluorescent lights but were wondering if someone has some other suggestions. our designer said LEDs or spot/ flood track lights but we don't envision spending lots of time in this unheated garage in the winter. Don't want to spend megabucks it's just a garage.

Layout suggestions are also welcome. If you want I can post some pics.

Last edited by grane; 12-18-2011 at 09:41 AM.