Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

1990 Mercedes 300E

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 tsx
1990 Mercedes 300E

I've always loved this body (W124) E class, and today I had the chance to work on a "not so regular looking" 300E that belongs to a good friend.
We've decided on an one step enhancement detail because majority of the car (minus hood and trunk) was the original single stage paint, and it was reading fairly low (between 80-100 microns). As you can see in the following pictures, there was an definite improve in gloss, I was able to remove about 50% of the defects, but many scratches remain as the original owner (his uncle) left the car in storage under a car cover (read, car cover = rags).
I present to you, the sexiest 300E I've seen to date!

Before:

Rear fender

Rear quarter panel

Another shot of the rear quarter panel

Trunk

Another shot of the trunk

Front fender

A better shot of the front fender

Driver door

As you can see the car was in pretty bad shape.

I was able to get one 50/50 shot (not the greatest but it'll do, it's actually two separate pictures, lol)

This side of the rear right quarter panel has not been polished

And this side was polished using LC CCS white pad + Scholl Concepts S17+

After:

Driver side fender, looks much better now

Driver side door

The entire car

Quarter panel

Trunk (I over exposed the picture on accident), look closely at the where the trunk ends on the right side, you'll see a spot that looks like water had dried on it, this spot is actually the clear coat starting to fail.

Hood, Improvement on gloss and much sharper reflection on the hood now
Old 07-06-2012, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1990 300e
I have a 1990 300e with a blower motor problem no power from the pink/green wire coming to the 30A fuse, any can help me with the wiring diagram or how to trouble shot this problem.