Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Pinnacle or Wolfgang Fuzion?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w204 Palladium
Pinnacle or Wolfgang Fuzion?

Which is best? I have a new C300 Palladium Silver.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:28 AM

2005 CLK500 cab, 2004 S600 designo mocha
*Best?

Oh God, here we go...

I've had great results with my Meguiars Ultimate Syn.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
07 E320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by lakinui
Mine is a black car. Please look at my photo album. Early photos are Pinnacle, then several with Fuzion; lastly the best are with Swisswax (60% Carnuba) and that's what I have been using for at least a couple of years. I have great respect for
Old 02-14-2012, 01:39 PM

w204 Palladium
Looks great.

Originally Posted by pinebaron
Mine is a black car. Please look at my photo album. Early photos are Pinnacle, then several with Fuzion; lastly the best are with Swisswax (60% Carnuba) and that's what I have been using for at least a couple of years. I have great respect for
We lost the last words on you sentence, but thank you for the tip on Swisswax. Nice car!
Old 02-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2010 S550
Originally Posted by lakinui
For silver, the Fuzion would be ideal. Pinnacle Souveran is a wax that really stands out the most on darker colored vehicles.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:05 PM

w204 Palladium
Fuzion

Originally Posted by Nick@autogeek
For silver, the Fuzion would be ideal. Pinnacle Souveran is a wax that really stands out the most on darker colored vehicles.
Nick- thanks. I use Pinnacle on my red car with outstanding results, but I had heard Fuzion was better for metallics. Thanks for confirming.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:03 PM

C43
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have a C class in Palladium as well and I'm curious what you found that worked? I just can't breakdown and drop $175 on wax, I have to think there are more cost-effective alternatives.

I'm currently planning on going with Blackfire Wet Paint Sealant, followed by some Megs Gold Class Carnuba, but i'm curious what worked best on the Palladium silver.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Jetta
Originally Posted by Sommy
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I have a C class in Palladium as well and I'm curious what you found that worked? I just can't breakdown and drop $175 on wax, I have to think there are more cost-effective alternatives.

I'm currently planning on going with Blackfire Wet Paint Sealant, followed by some Megs Gold Class Carnuba, but i'm curious what worked best on the Palladium silver.
You don't need to spend an arm and a leg to get great gloss on any color.

Case in point: HD SPEED alone. Before adding protection.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomasdekany/6936741210/http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomasdekany/6936741210/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/thomasdekany/, on Flickr

The gloss is always coming from prep. Some say 90% is prep. So wash with 2 bucket method, clay gently, use a paint cleaner like HD PSEED or a polish like HD UNO and add protection - HD POXY

This gloss was produced on this old single stage paint from 1967 with only 2 products: HD UNO and HD POXY. Just imagine how your quality paint could look.

Each product under $20

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomasdekany/6834330399/http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomasdekany/6834330399/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/thomasdekany/, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomasdekany/6834331591/http://www.flickr.com/photos/thomasdekany/6834331591/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/thomasdekany/, on Flickr
In this case I'd naturally suggest HD POXY
Old 06-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Jetta
PS: it is true, there is no best.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:04 AM

none
Depending on the condition of your paint, One product may work better than another.
IMPORTANT: CONDITION OF PAINT UNDER THE WAX.

Your car may have a excellent shine on it but it may not be the paint that gives off the shine.

Sometimes it is only a aftermarket wax shine and we know that is superficial and temporary.
Wax can hide a number of defects in the paint including the overall condition.

Removing the wax with hot water and dishwashing liquid is the safest because it does not involve any form abrasives that can mar yuour paint.

If Your paint looks uneven or the shine fades in and out, you can benefit from some light restoration that could involve, clay, polish and wax.

If your paint has a distinct and even shine once the wax is removed you should use products that do not contain any abrasives of any kind.
Clay, rubbing compound and polish, all are abrasive and will damage the factory finish.

With a good paint finish think: NON ABRASIVE PRESERVATION.

What ever choice of protectant you use to preserve the shine on your car, pick one that requires the least amount of friction to apply and will clean up without the use of abrasives.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Jetta
I feel that your info is very confusing. Sorry.

Once the paint is "perfect" as time goes on, you will need to clay again and polish. Neither will "damage" the paint.

However washing, drying will create swirls. Just look at cars that are always hand washed yet never polished. All swirled up.

Your thoughts?

Originally Posted by sidwynder
Depending on the condition of your paint, One product may work better than another.
IMPORTANT: CONDITION OF PAINT UNDER THE WAX.

Your car may have a excellent shine on it but it may not be the paint that gives off the shine.

Sometimes it is only a aftermarket wax shine and we know that is superficial and temporary.
Wax can hide a number of defects in the paint including the overall condition.

Removing the wax with hot water and dishwashing liquid is the safest because it does not involve any form abrasives that can mar yuour paint.

If Your paint looks uneven or the shine fades in and out, you can benefit from some light restoration that could involve, clay, polish and wax.

If your paint has a distinct and even shine once the wax is removed you should use products that do not contain any abrasives of any kind.
Clay, rubbing compound and polish, all are abrasive and will damage the factory finish.

With a good paint finish think: NON ABRASIVE PRESERVATION.

What ever choice of protectant you use to preserve the shine on your car, pick one that requires the least amount of friction to apply and will clean up without the use of abrasives.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:53 AM

none
Originally Posted by Tom@3dproducts
I feel that your info is very confusing. Sorry.

Once the paint is "perfect" as time goes on, you will need to clay again and polish. Neither will "damage" the paint.

However washing, drying will create swirls. Just look at cars that are always hand washed yet never polished. All swirled up.

Your thoughts?
Water does not cause swirl marks, the circular motion of waxing and buffing create swirl marks. There is nothing abrasive about water.

I only see swirl marks on cars that people constantly wax or try to clean with dry towel.

Anyone who is honest with you will tell you that clay can and will mar the paint.
Anyone who understands that polish is an abrasive know it will also leave marks in the paint.

If your paint is old and mared up your method is useful.
But with a newer unmared paint job the best advice is to stay away from any product that requires buffing and removal or is abrasive.