Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Xzilon X4 - damage coverage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 01:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2010 E550 coupe
Xzilon X4 - damage coverage?

The dealer wants to sell me Xzilon X4 for $1975. My initial reaction was "hell no, that's how you make your margin" but what piqued my interest is the coverage for minor dings, chips, windshield cracks, wheel scuffs and scrapes and interior punctures and tears. I read through the exclusions and they seem reasonable at first glance and most things would get covered like curbing a wheel (as long as it isn't actually bent or warped). However, it doesn't cover wear and tear, which is a concern since I've seen leather seat bolsters on Audis show wear marks quite quickly - perhaps this is not the same with MBZ.
Anyway... the Xzilon product itself is of no interest, but the ding/tear/scuff/scrape damage is. The question is, how much value is that really?

My only experience of getting this type of damage repaired is through the guy who comes to the dealership (so marked up) and I always seem to pay $200 for anything, so potentially 10 claims and I would break even. I can see that if I had those claims paid for I'd get every little ding, chip, scuff fixed up.

Now I do intend to apply a clear bra so I'm not overly concerned about the front-end, but I can see picking up parking lot rash.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-11-2012, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in NYC and tristate area quite often, plus kids, dog and family so I ended up getting the same exact Xzilon X4 protection.

The price they gave you is def too high. I paid approx ~30% of that here in NY. Not sure if the Xzilon works the same as the warranty but I can give you the name/ number of my rep at my benz dealer if you message/ email me.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2010 E550 coupe
Thanks AcesUp. I ended up passing on the Xzilon protection. I have Xpel clear film fitted to the hood and front as well as the door edges.
Xzilon seems to only be available at the time of sale through the F&I salesman. I'm not surprised that the price I was quoted was high as it is almost all margin. I did buy pre-paid maintenance and they dropped the price on that considerably when I said I would pass on it.