Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

A few detailing product recommendations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few detailing product recommendations

I thought I'd share my experience with a few detailing products.

The first is One Grand Blitz Wax. I've been using Zymol for 15 years on my Porsches. It's a great product, has a great shine (and smells great, too!!) but a bit of a pain to apply/remove, and it doesn't last very long. For my Porsches I loved it, since I hand washed them.

With my new E55, since I'll be taking it to a car wash (a very high quality one), I wanted something that would last longer than Zymol, and be easier to apply/remove.

I heard alot of good things about Blitz Wax, so decided to try it. It $13 (vs. around $35 for the same size Zymol), goes on and off really easy--you apply a very thin coat to the entire car, then buff off. I've had the car washed a few times, and the wax is holding up very well. I'd definately recommend it.

Also used Griot's fine glass polish on my windows. They had what looked like water stains that wouldn't go away no matter what I tried. One easy application of the glass polish, and they're crystal clear. Great product as well.
Old 06-27-2003, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: A few detailing product recommendations

Originally posted by Poursha
I thought I'd share my experience with a few detailing products.

The first is One Grand Blitz Wax. I've been using Zymol for 15 years on my Porsches. It's a great product, has a great shine (and smells great, too!!) but a bit of a pain to apply/remove, and it doesn't last very long. For my Porsches I loved it, since I hand washed them.

With my new E55, since I'll be taking it to a car wash (a very high quality one), I wanted something that would last longer than Zymol, and be easier to apply/remove.

I heard alot of good things about Blitz Wax, so decided to try it. It $13 (vs. around $35 for the same size Zymol), goes on and off really easy--you apply a very thin coat to the entire car, then buff off. I've had the car washed a few times, and the wax is holding up very well. I'd definately recommend it.

Also used Griot's fine glass polish on my windows. They had what looked like water stains that wouldn't go away no matter what I tried. One easy application of the glass polish, and they're crystal clear. Great product as well.
have you tried zaino? it lasts longer than wax, and you can apply it to your rims also....plus you can add layers over layers to get a smoother/shinier finish
Old 06-27-2003, 07:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
I as well really like blitz wax it has excellent durability. BUT do be careful around rubber trim because it stains! badly.