Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

THE PROTECTOR ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CLS55 Renntech stage 5, 04 CL600 ( will miss ),02e55 , 11 R350
THE PROTECTOR ???

Has anyone heard of this treatment offered by dealers ? It is a whole package , called " the protector " , http://www.ecpinc.net/ , from I can gather it is some full exterior synthetic silicon based exterior treatment . My most recent aquisition in BLackOpal , had that treatment done by the dealer .. supposed to have a five year warranty !! which I take with a grain of salt .. what I would like to know if anyone has any experience with that , and can I apply wax over it or something else and will be OK, and if so what s the best wax /shine I can put on top of that treatment .
Thanks,
MAx

Last edited by maxwerks; 03-29-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
New car protection packages

These are a simple warranty contract that states; you need to have your car protection serviced regularly, the contract will cover the cost to repair any damage. This is not a 5-year guaranteed protection applied to their car (interior, exterior, or both).

Read the fine print (I’ve often wondered why they call it that, there is usually nothing ‘fine’ about it) the new car buyer, under the terms of the warranty must bring their car in for periodic service (i.e. renewing the polish and wax).

If these terms are ignored the contract becomes null and void because the periodic maintenance, which they paid good money for was never carried out. These paint and / or interior protection packages do not last five years; they are a five year service contract.