Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

White cars...best methods?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 02:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White cars...best methods?

AlBoston or anyone else,how do you guys maintain white paint? After having so many silver cars,I went with white this time and love the clean,fresh look.I had the car glazed a few days after I got it(dealer prep sucks,my detailer glazed it as soon as he saw how they prepped it and thats how it should have been delivered) and it looks beautiful,other then regular washing and waxing a few times a year,whats the best way to maintain the look?

Last edited by E500Lorinser; 07-04-2003 at 02:28 AM.
Old 07-04-2003, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: White cars...best methods?

Originally posted by E500Lorinser
AlBoston or anyone else,how do you guys maintain white paint? After having so many silver cars,I went with white this time and love the clean,fresh look.I had the car glazed a few days after I got it(dealer prep sucks,my detailer glazed it as soon as he saw how they prepped it and thats how it should have been delivered) and it looks beautiful,other then regular washing and waxing a few times a year,whats the best way to maintain the look?
The thing with white is that it will need claying a little more often, because the slightest discoloration or embedded dirt will show. Also "glazing" will give you an awesome wet shine but it is very short lived. Also your car is brand new so it should look good already. I say regularly wash it weekly (using the technique in the sticky) and use a paint sealant or wax regularly as needed.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:18 PM

thanks Al

Yea,my detailer also mentioned clay a couples times a year for the imperfections and "dark specs" that seem to love white paint.I also like to use a quick detailer between waxings,seems to keep dirt off and the paint looking really deep and bright.I will use that for the first time soon.I have used eagle one quick detailer before on my cars and it seems to work great,but do you have any other suggestions?I see zaino makes a product for that purpose.

Also do you like Zymol products?They always have worked great for me,and this may sound strange,but they smell so damn good,its a pleasure to work with,hehe.The soap and polish make the outside of the car look great and the scent make me do this
Old 07-06-2003, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: thanks Al

Originally posted by E500Lorinser
Yea,my detailer also mentioned clay a couples times a year for the imperfections and "dark specs" that seem to love white paint.I also like to use a quick detailer between waxings,seems to keep dirt off and the paint looking really deep and bright.I will use that for the first time soon.I have used eagle one quick detailer before on my cars and it seems to work great,but do you have any other suggestions?I see zaino makes a product for that purpose.

Also do you like Zymol products?They always have worked great for me,and this may sound strange,but they smell so damn good,its a pleasure to work with,hehe.The soap and polish make the outside of the car look great and the scent make me do this
Zymol is ok. Their waxes are over hyped and over price IMO. Also the walmart sold zymol liquid cleaner wax is not bad but short lived. Also contains high solvent and abrasive content which is not good for repeated use.
Old 07-07-2003, 06:55 PM

Mercedes CLK 430
White is hard to keep clean but when it is clean it looks great. Regular washing is mandatory. Claying on a regular basis is good because it will remove all the surface contaminants that may build up on your car. For the ultimate shine use a good polish/glaze before you put on the wax. Using a good car soap is good to because it will not strip the paint. Also using a quick detailer such as meguirs is good b/c it gets all teh dust and stuff off.