Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

The perfect paint for detailers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2012 | 06:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Jetta
The perfect paint for detailers

2004 with 40k miles on it. It is always well protected, had REJEX on it. However the paint was lifeless to me and needed some TLC.

The car was washed, clayed, using a Nano claying towel. Tires wheel were cleaned with 3D's GRAND SLAM

I just received fresh bottles (32oz) of HD UNO, HD POLISH, HD SPEED so those came with me to do the detail.

Only a few pictures, but I was told the customer will take some after pictures. It was 9:30 when I finished.

P1080629 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

P1080630 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

P1080631 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

Not surprising, the paint had plenty of imperfections that took away from this really pretty color. It was tinted clear, so there was a lot of red coming off while polishing it.

The owner is moving away and wanted the car to look better, specifically the hood and tail was a concern. I did a test spot using HD UNO, with Micro Fiber pads, speed 5 on the Griots PC.

This is what I got

P1080633 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

This paint was a dream to work on. Often I had to do 2 passes but once done the panel would look perfect. I was happy for the customer, because for the same price he pretty much received a full correction.

HD UNO left the finish perfect, but I couldn't help myself, I followed up with HD SPEED on a black pad. (the owner is a Zaino user )Protected it with HD POXY

Few after pictures, if I get sun pictures from the owner, I'll post them

Windows were also polished and protected with HD SPEED

Some finished pictures

P1080635 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

P1080640 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

P1080639 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

P1080637 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

P1080636 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

P1080638 by thomasdekany, on Flickr

Tires & wheels were done by the owner today. Thanks for looking, comments are always welcome .