Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

ElDiabloJoe... more questions about your wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
ElDiabloJoe... more questions about your wheels

I am thinking tire shine may be the cause of your problem.... What kind do you use and how do you apply it?
Old 07-17-2003, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
Thanks!

Al!

Thanks for thinking about my problem.

Unfortunately, tireshine/armor-all, 303, whatever is not the culprit, for the simple reason in that I have never used any form of tire shine, not even Zaino's. I have ALWAYS been the only one to wash the car, so I can say with certainty that no tire shine products have been used on the car.

I stopped using them a car or so ago when I noticed that two days after applying the product (in this case armor-all), the tires turned an ugly dull brown color and that only went away when re-armor-all'ed.

They may not shine, but my tires still look black

I talked to the dealer's service guy this week. He just kinda shrugged and said my only option, in his perspective, is to wait until just under a year is up. If the baked on brake dust causes pitting/corrosion, then I can get them replaced, but after a year the warranty is up.

:shrug:

Thanks again!

EDJ