Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Bird waste will kill the paint.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
Bird waste will kill the paint.

Today got off work, walked to my car and it looks like birds have taken a diarrhea on my car. I got home cleaned it out with microfiber cloth and some water and noticed that it looks like the paint is separated from the clear coat. What the hell is going on, I took it to a detailing shop and they were surprised told me to check in with my dealer because "A German car, specially Mercedes shouldn't be like this"

I'm confused.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:36 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
“Bird excrement; the most damaging environmental pollutants” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia...ollutants.html

I hope the information in this article is of some help to you. If you have any further questions please let me know
Old 08-06-2012, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by TOGWT
“Bird excrement; the most damaging environmental pollutants” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia...ollutants.html

I hope the information in this article is of some help to you. If you have any further questions please let me know
Thanks for replying! The repair process looks diffult, do you know by any chance if high end body shop will repaire this?
Old 08-07-2012, 08:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Originally Posted by snowmuch
Thanks for replying! The repair process looks diffult, do you know by any chance if high end body shop will repaire this?
Someone in your area will be abl to help you with this; Professional Detailer’s Directory - http://www.autopia.org/find-professi...iler/index.php
Old 08-10-2012, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 CTS-V, 2017 Audi Q7 / Past MB's: 2011 ML350 & 2012 ML350
I always keep a bottle of detailing spray in my cars so just in case bird droppings or anything else gets on the finish I can spray it immediatley.

Then again, if it sat on the paint in the sun for a few hours before I saw it it probably wouldnt matter..

I hope you get it fixed to your liking..
Old 08-27-2012, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
14'G63 AMG ,1994 Mercedes E500, 2020 Range Rover HST
If it did not sit on the car for many days in the sun just wash it off wipe it but be careful because bird poop has sand in it and than use a quick detailer on a microfiber towel to polish the spot away. Always worked great for me.
Originally Posted by Cyber GS
I always keep a bottle of detailing spray in my cars so just in case bird droppings or anything else gets on the finish I can spray it immediatley.

Then again, if it sat on the paint in the sun for a few hours before I saw it it probably wouldnt matter..

I hope you get it fixed to your liking..