Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

3D Carnauba Topped with Express Wax

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetta
3D Carnauba Topped with Express Wax

I happened to have some time yesterday to put a little more effort in to the paint on the van instead of just a wash. The last wash was on the 5th of this months and at that point the paint felt really dry. Even though the paint looked good, I can't stand grabby dry paint, so I put down a quick layer of 3D Express Wax. The paint was contaminated, but I figured, let me just do it anyway. It isn't like I was asking the wax to do miracles. I knew it wouldn't last much, but I wanted to see what it would look like and I was hoping it would improve it a little. The look of Express Wax is very glossy, I was pleasantly surprised. This product is very slick.. Easy to apply, easy to wipe off. You can also use it as you dry your car for additional protection. We didn't have any rain except for a quick storm once, since I washed the car, but even after about 3 weeks, the paint was feeling slick. That I didn't expect.

So, before I washed the car, I wanted to see if there was anything left of it on the paint. Here is the video.

After the initial rinse, this was my process:

Here are the results

Last edited by Tom@3dproducts; 08-27-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi A4
Very nice work! Curious, why not just use the HD Poxy?
Old 08-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetta
Originally Posted by Prada
Very nice work! Curious, why not just use the HD Poxy?
Thanks for the compliment!

Testing durability in Oregon.

Actually I was going to use NITRO SEAL but figured I test the Carnauba now and Nitro Seal afterwards or I will put NS on my car for the rainy season.

PS: Love the look of POXY, but I have tested it inside and out on hundreds of cars.