Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Help: Spilled chicken grease on MBtex seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 02:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 c250 Coupe
Help: Spilled chicken grease on MBtex seats

So here's the story:

I let someone drive my car to pick up food for the office and she put two containers of roasted chicken on BOTH of my back seats. The containers ended up spilling chicken grease on the back half of both of the rear mbtex seats getting into the little holes of the seats. I would guess a half cup of grease spilled.

I tried cleaning it by taking a high powered vacuum and sucking all the grease out of the seats (mbtex has holes so grease soaked into the seat). Then I took a bucket filled with Palmolive dish wash soap and water and drenched a rag and wiped the seats down to try to get the grease smell out. Then I sprayed the crap out of the seats with frebreeze, but the grease smell is still there.

I'm afraid that i'm not able to get all the grease that soaked into the mbtex. Anyone have suggestions on cleaning and deodorizing mbtex seats? Thanks.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:57 AM

'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
You have probaly removed most, if not all of the grease from the MB-Tex surface, your problem is that its permeated the seating foam.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:24 AM

2012 c250 Coupe
Originally Posted by TOGWT
You have probaly removed most, if not all of the grease from the MB-Tex surface, your problem is that its permeated the seating foam.
Yes you are correct . Any tips to suck it out? Would a those carpet steam cleaners help or would it damage mbtex? The car stinks and I can't get it smell out of my head.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:09 AM

'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
You'd be better off removing the covers and then cleaning the foam, otherwise you'll suction the grease through the covers (not a good idea)
Old 09-24-2012, 11:50 AM

2012 c250 Coupe
Originally Posted by TOGWT
You'd be better off removing the covers and then cleaning the foam, otherwise you'll suction the grease through the covers (not a good idea)
Is it easy to remove the covers or is it "stapled" on the seats?

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2012, 10:33 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2022 GLC300 white, 2021 Taycan RWD silver
I hope that's the last time that you let a dimwit take your car. Some people are f'ing pigs- hope you've had success in getting the car cleaned up.