Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Clear coats 1 or 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
Clear coats 1 or 2

Since my C230 is in the shop being repaired the dealer asked if i wanted an extra 1 or 2 clears coats on the car that will just be billed to insurance anyway. Should i do that. I would think that the more stuff you have between the paint and the elemets the better. Please help.
Old 02-26-2002, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

More is better. It might be harder to dhip, and it will be thicker if you want to polish or color sand. I thought you said you were getting a new car. Are you fixing the wrecked one, and getting a new one?
Old 02-26-2002, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
C230 Sports Coupe
I'm driving a new CLK but fixing the C230. When i said it was totaled i was just really upset and hadnt heard from the insurance Co yet. Its only around 14K worth of damage so they won't total it, but I will get my money from the loss in value of the car and bodily injury. I have had to have fluid drained from my spinal cord 2 times, another next week. Missed over a week of work, and they will not provide me a rental car to drive becasue of age. (the CLK is dads). The guy that hit me was driving a commercial truck haulling 1500 gallons of motor oil. We checked his endorsment and he was only certified to carry 1000 gallons, so we will sue over that too. The guy worked for Cummin's the ones who make the turbo diesal motors for Dodge trucks. I hope i can ether get a ML500 or a C32 out of this.
Old 02-27-2002, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK 320
Sorry

Really sorry to hear about what happened. Hope you feel better soon. (The thought of having fluid drained from my spinal column makes me shudder.)