Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

How To Remove Water Spots on Windows - Pinnacle Style

Old 10-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 S550

Pinnacle Natural Brilliance is one of the most well-known and respected marques in the premium car care world. Pinnacle is known for formulating what many consider to the best line of surface care products available at any price point. From leather cleaners to tire gels, Pinnacle Natural Brilliance manufactures a product for every square inch of your vehicle - inside and out.

With the introduction of eight new products, including three that are all about glass polishing, cleaning and protecting, Pinnacle is about to once again turn the car care world upside down.

The three new Pinnacle products for glass are:

The Pinnacle of Glass Care

All three products were researched, developed and tested in South Florida - the ideal environment for any glass care product to be perfected because of the torrential rainfall that occurs year round.

Water spots are not difficult to come by in Stuart, Florida thanks to the abundance of sprinkler systems that use well-water as their source. If you park your vehicle at a location that you're unfamiliar with and the sprinkler system goes off, you're going to end up with something like this:

Close up:

What you see above is a car care enthusiast's worst nightmare. I know Meghan sure was upset when this happened to her daily driver, a 2008 Ford Expedtion EL, better known simply as "the bus."

Leading the way for the new Pinnacle glass care products is GlassWork Water Spot Remover - a pro-strength glass polish that can remove the worst water spots imaginable. It features micro-abrasives and advanced citrus cleaning agents that gently polish away water spots, mineral deposits, bugs, tar, and anything else that will impair your vision of the road ahead. Its non-dusting formula is easy to use and was designed for hand, dual-action and rotary polisher application. What Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion has done for your paint, Pinnacle GlassWork Water Spot Remover will do for your glass.

I've found the perfect pad to use with Pinnacle GlassWork Water Spot Remover for machine application is a Lake Country Hydro-Tech CYAN Cutting Pad. This heavy-cut foam pad forces product to stay on its face due to the closed-cell design. The polisher of choice for this demonstration is the Porter Cable 7424xp.

Glass polishing is typically very messy, but that's not the case with Pinnacle GlassWork Water Spot Remover. Its formula does not dust and it wipes off with ease. In order to engage the abrasives and the chemical cleaners in the glass polish, you want to apply 10-15 lbs of pressure with your dual action polisher set at speed 5-6. Just like when polishing paint to remove defects, you want to make sure you practice a slow arm speed. Polish the area (no larger than 12" x 12") until the polish starts to turn clear. You can see I put down a tape line to better gauge my results.

I've found that a Waffle Weave Glass Towel works for more than just traditional glass cleaning. It is the perfect towel for removing glass polish as its waffle weave design provides more bite than a thick fluffy towel.

I polished both sides of the tape line and then inspected my results with a Brinkmann Swirl Finder Light.

The before and after is night and day:

Now with the camera flash:

Close up:

Pinnacle GlassWork Water Spot Remover removed the water spots with ease and it did so without creating a mess. After polishing the remainder of the side glass it was time to protect it, and that's where Pinnacle GlassCoat Window Sealant w/Rain Repellent stands tall.

Rain, Rain - Go Away!

Pinnacle GlassCoat Window Sealant w/Rain Repellent is a glass sealant on steroids. It provides unsurpassed protection on exterior glass surfaces while creating an immense amount of surface tension that causes water to bead up and roll off. Its formula goes on clear and dries without any unwanted haze.

I've found the Lake Country Gold Finger Pocket to be the perfect applicator for Pinnacle GlassCoat Window Sealant w/Rain Repellent. Four fingers fit snugly and it keeps your fingers from getting any unwanted residue on them.

Its as simple as evenly spreading a thin coat and letting it dry for 10-15 minutes. Once it hazes, buff it off with a microfiber towel.

I can see clearly now!

Last, but certainly not least, is Pinnacle Crystal Clear Glass Cleaner w/Water Repellent. This ammonia-free glass cleaner restores optical clarity while imparting a water-repellent coating that causes water to bead up and roll off. Unlike traditional glass cleaners with water repellents, Pinnacle Crystal Clear Glass Cleaner w/Water Repellent is safe on interior glass - even tint.

Pinnacle's new glass care products make cleaning, polishing and protecting glass almost as easy as applying a coat of Souveran on a relaxing Sunday afternoon. Whether you're an avid enthusiast of Pinnacle products or simply demand the best, the new glass care products from Pinnacle are sure to impress.

Don't have polisher? We've got you covered with the Pinnacle Crystal Clear Glass Kit. This kit includes all three Pinnacle glass care products plus the necessary hand applicators to go with them.

Pinnacle Crystal Clear Glass Kit