Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

MBtex is cracked??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63 AMG
MBtex is cracked??

09 c300 driver's seat...

Old 11-20-2012, 05:13 AM

'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Vinyl Repair

Leather Magic Liquid Vinyl is a highly concentrated mixture of plasticizers and ketones. When exposed to air the ketones evaporate leaving the raw plasticizers in place creating a thin layer of a vinyl-like substance. Liquid Vinyl is primarily used as a base adhesive combined with fibreglass Mesh as well as the liquid mixture.

It may also be used to permanently glue vinyl together. The ketones actually dissolve the vinyl to which it has been applied and when pressed together and allowed to dry thoroughly the two pieces of vinyl actually become one. Liquid Vinyl strengthens as it cures. The longer the liquid vinyl is in position the stronger it becomes.

Liquid vinyl dries in about 3-5 minutes in 60 to 70 degree temperature, with low humidity.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2008 ML320CDI
I certainly would hope thats covered by warranty.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by 06e320cdi
I certainly would hope thats covered by warranty.
I'm on my own...out of warranty
Old 01-10-2013, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by TOGWT
Vinyl Repair

Leather Magic Liquid Vinyl is a highly concentrated mixture of plasticizers and ketones. When exposed to air the ketones evaporate leaving the raw plasticizers in place creating a thin layer of a vinyl-like substance. Liquid Vinyl is primarily used as a base adhesive combined with fibreglass Mesh as well as the liquid mixture.

It may also be used to permanently glue vinyl together. The ketones actually dissolve the vinyl to which it has been applied and when pressed together and allowed to dry thoroughly the two pieces of vinyl actually become one. Liquid Vinyl strengthens as it cures. The longer the liquid vinyl is in position the stronger it becomes.

Liquid vinyl dries in about 3-5 minutes in 60 to 70 degree temperature, with low humidity.
Do you have any extra bottles or any leftovers laying around you can sell me? There shipping is raping me...