Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

C63 Full Paint Correction - i am Autos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG PP
C63 Full Paint Correction - i am Autos

Hey guys!

So being new to the Forum, and this being my first post, I decided to start off with a bang!

Today I did a 10 hour correction on my Palladium Silver C63

Winter driving is catching up, time for some TLC

Three bucket wash, one for wheels, two for body, on the end, last bucket is a pad washer

Handful of wash media

I first pressure wash all of the loose dirt off, then I foam the car down with a foam cannon. Today it is filled with Chemical Guys Citrus Wash + Gloss. Strong paint cleansing shampoo.

Wash and rinse with warm water

Really needed to be clayed. I am using Riccardo Yellow Detailing clay. This is a more fine clay, but works great

After the front drivers door; DIRTY!

Now this is where the fun begins! Because the car has great shape paint; hardly any imperfections. I am working on increasing the gloss value. I am polishing it with Menzerna SF4500 on a Black/Grey LC finishing pad via my Flex 3401

Before:

After:

So now that the paint has been corrected, it needs to be chemically stripped of all waxes, sealants, residues, oils in order to create a perfect surface for wax to bond to.

Usually an IPA is used, but due to the fact they dont have much "lubricity" between the cloth and the surface. You risk marring the paint. I use a product called Carpro Erase. Works great at surface prep. I keep it in a pressure bottle.

Polish up the PA system

Now time to apply som magic. Today I am using Swissvax Shield for my LSP. It works great at dirt and water repellency and makes light colours have a deep glow

OCD moment; I keep all of my waxes in a wine cooler and I have an according applicator and MF to go with each one

After:

For tire dressing I am using Migilore Bella Lustra Tire Glaze. It is water based and gives a wet, matte finish to the tires. Of course being silicone free it does not sling.

I took some better full pictures outside today, I should have them up on my site soon if any one is interested!

Thanks for reading
Old 02-07-2013, 08:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 E350 AMG E63 Pack.
nice
Old 02-07-2013, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 CTS-V, 2017 Audi Q7 / Past MB's: 2011 ML350 & 2012 ML350
It looks fantastic, the only problem you will have now is not wanting to drive it in bad weather..It looks too good to mess up.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:54 AM
AG6

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
13 GL550
Great job there!
Old 12-26-2013, 08:59 AM

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
17' C43 Coupe
Very nice job. I love these types of threads.