Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Touchless taboo ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
'18 GLE63S AMG /'19 PORSCHE TURBO S / '09 CORVETTE ZR1 /'14 LEXUS RX350/'16 RAV4 Ltd
Touchless taboo ??

I just bought my new black ML63 and have always been a stickler for a clean vehicle washing my previous white Escalade at least every second day with a drive through touchless near work for $8..(not premium with wax but rinse and blow dry)

I know some claim touchless are taboo with the extreme chemicals used and I'm scared of any potential damage that may be caused to the "anodized" metal strip at belt line, roof rails and running boards..

So question is are they really that detrimental and if any are safe is there a way to test ?

Also as this is a winter vehicle I really like to keep the corrosive levels down with regular washes..

Would you put this through a touchless wash ?
Old 09-11-2013, 08:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
I would look into a product made by Optimum Polymer Technologies- ONR it a safe wash system that uses a minimal amount of water and can therefore be used as a winter wash