Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Can I use Quick Detailer spray on "dry" car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Porsche 997TT
Can I use Quick Detailer spray on "dry" car?

Before I destroy anything wanted to get the scoop on how to use this stuff. Is it intended to be used right after washing (when you are not waxing) or can you use it on a "dry" car, between washes. Maguiers, Eagle one, Mothers. Is any one of these better? These are the ones my local car parts carries.
Old 09-12-2003, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: Can I use Quick Detailer spray on "dry" car?

Originally posted by cte430
Before I destroy anything wanted to get the scoop on how to use this stuff. Is it intended to be used right after washing (when you are not waxing) or can you use it on a "dry" car, between washes. Maguiers, Eagle one, Mothers. Is any one of these better? These are the ones my local car parts carries.
Hey chris,
first off I did get your email and I will respond shorty, I am not ignoring you . Second, out of those, definitely go with the Eagle one WET wipe'n'shine. It costs the least and has the highest lubricity (if thats a word?) out of all of them. It really leaves a slick finish. I personally only QD after a wash... It would take a lot of QD and a lot of clean towels to QD a dry car without damaging the finish. Simple rule is, when in doubt, wash it. I do use QD on a "dry" car when i bird craps on it or for bug splats just because I do not want them to dry on and etch the paint. Hope that helps chris!
Old 09-12-2003, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Porsche 997TT
Re: Re: Can I use Quick Detailer spray on "dry" car?

Originally posted by AlBoston
Hey chris,
first off I did get your email and I will respond shorty, I am not ignoring you . Second, out of those, definitely go with the Eagle one WET wipe'n'shine. It costs the least and has the highest lubricity (if thats a word?) out of all of them. It really leaves a slick finish. I personally only QD after a wash... It would take a lot of QD and a lot of clean towels to QD a dry car without damaging the finish. Simple rule is, when in doubt, wash it. I do use QD on a "dry" car when i bird craps on it or for bug splats just because I do not want them to dry on and etch the paint. Hope that helps chris!
Hey Ali,
That's OK. I have been having some computer problems lately and wasn't sure if that e-mail went thru. Thanks.