Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

rainx glass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 07:27 AM
moomeh

rainx glass

how do u remove rainx from the windshield. it is causing glare at night. i tested it using one side of the windshield and the other side without it. however, i put rainx on the driver side and can't see at night (didn't think that far ahead)
Old 11-13-2003, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: rainx glass

Originally posted by moomeh
how do u remove rainx from the windshield. it is causing glare at night. i tested it using one side of the windshield and the other side without it. however, i put rainx on the driver side and can't see at night (didn't think that far ahead)
naptha (lighter fluid) will remove all the rainx on your glass. You can also try rubbing alcohol or dishwashing soap.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230Kompressor
Re: rainx glass

Originally posted by moomeh
If you're getting glare, you're not getting it all off. It takes a lot of rubbing. I normally fold a paper towel in 1/4's, use all 4 sides on 1/2 of the windsheild, do the same on the other side, then take a clean one and go over it all again. The biggest problem is when you miss an area the first time, then go back and spread it all around again. It takes some work to get it right (clean), but it does work really well.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:22 AM
moomeh

Re: Re: rainx glass

Originally posted by AlBoston
naptha (lighter fluid) will remove all the rainx on your glass. You can also try rubbing alcohol or dishwashing soap.
i tried dishwashing, so i'll try rubbing alcohol next. thank you.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:25 AM
moomeh

Re: Re: rainx glass

Originally posted by KOMPRESSORnSC
If you're getting glare, you're not getting it all off. It takes a lot of rubbing. I normally fold a paper towel in 1/4's, use all 4 sides on 1/2 of the windsheild, do the same on the other side, then take a clean one and go over it all again. The biggest problem is when you miss an area the first time, then go back and spread it all around again. It takes some work to get it right (clean), but it does work really well.
i rubbed so much that my arms are so buff. i'll try rainx again, but on another car.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2020 S560,14 ml350, 03 sl55, silver, pano, slr cams, evo headers, lsd, 2019 s63 cab.
i used spray detailer over the rainx and it cleaned it up and let it still work.