Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Mini wax Survey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 12:55 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 E63s
Mini wax Survey

I did a search in the Detailing & Automotive Care forum and expected to see a place listing different waxes and pro's and con's for the person that does the work as opposed to sending to a detailer.

I recently bought a black 2013 C63 with about 10k Miles and the paintwork was ok, a few waterspots and some minor swirl. I have used a detailer in the past that likes Maguire's products and let him have a go and I was not impressed. So I tried some of their ultimate wax that is synthetic and again was not impressed, nor did I like the results of some of their other products.

On BMWs I have had in the past, I have used Zymol and that was pretty good (and very expensive) they were carnouba-based. They require a pre-cleaning (just as others require clay such as Griot's).

What I am looking for is something that whether it is a one or two step process, will get rid of remaining swirls which are mostly gone, and give a deep, deep shine that I can not seem to get out of the other products - I might go back and try some Zymol if there are no newer products. I would trade some longevity for appearance. This is a daily driver (except when we get really bad weather) so protection does matter some.

Ideas?

Thanks
/jon
Old 11-07-2013, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'13 CLS63 PP
I use Chemical Guys product for long time now they have so many great products for your needs. If you have some minor swirls you can do 1-step using V4 All In One Polish + Shine + Sealant I used it for small areas such as door handle insert by hand to remove the small scratches and it did really amazing job removing the scratches I'm sure it will restore you paint easily with a dual action polisher.

Prepping the paint is the key always clay the car before polishing and after the polish remove the polish oil with 50/50 water and alcohol
Old 11-07-2013, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 CLS63 PP
CarPro Cquartz is a good coating to add after polishing the car it prevent scratches when you wash the car
Old 11-07-2013, 02:54 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 E63s
Thanks very much for the info. I was not aware of Chemical Guys until now. They have so many products it is hard to choose. I do agree with the importance of propper prep of the finish before waxing.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'13 CLS63 PP
I use their Eco-smart to wipe down the dirt I also use V7 after every wax to give the car really good shine. OCD really kills me man

Good luck with your black C63
Old 11-11-2013, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C300
Chemical Guys do have some great products but they also have a lot of over hyped products.. To me it sounds like you need to strip off what ever you have on the car and see what the true condition of the paint looks like. Then try a light polish with a cutting pad. Wax I really don't use to protect the paint I like a good sealant then maybe top with a wax. Look up AMMONYC watch some of his videos he has some great product's are kinda of high but worth every penny. Anyways I could go on and on about it if you need any help let me know I can try to point you in the right way...
Old 11-11-2013, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 C300
also take a look over here a lot of good info and some really good detailers http://www.autogeekonline.net/