Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

New c250. Do I need waxing and leather conditioning ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C-280
New c250. Do I need waxing and leather conditioning ?

Hi All,
Bought a 2014-C250 one week ago. Do I need to do waxing? I did some research and it is all confusing to me. Some say that I need to Clay Bar and then wax. Some say it is better to do add sealants and then wax. What is the correct approach ?

What do I need to do on leather to keep it soft and have the original matte finish last for a long time ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'13 CLS63 PP
First you have to clay bar the car to get the contamination out of the paint to have very smooth paint, apply sealant then wax.

I use SONAX Leather Foam Leather Cleaner & Conditioner it's really great product. You need to use brush to agitate the leather gently with the product don't let the product dry on the leather wipe it with clean MF towel

http://www.autogeek.net/vilescbr.html
Old 12-07-2013, 10:35 PM

C-280
Thanks a lot. Is it hard to clay bar and apply sealant ? Can we do it on our own?
Old 12-08-2013, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'13 CLS63 PP
Its very easy, make sure to use clay lubricant when clay bar the paint. waxes and sealant are easy to use too put thin coats.

Check Autogeekonline.net there a ton of info about car detailing
Old 12-09-2013, 05:51 PM

C-280
Thanks
Old 12-09-2013, 10:41 PM

09 C300
Yes claying is a great tool I'm sure it needs it you can do a easy test after washing the car take a zip lock bag put it on your hand a go over the paint if it rough like you feel little bumps on your hand it needs clay Sealants are great I like a good sealant Let it cure for 24hr then top with a wax. Sealants will last 4 to 5 months were a wax will last a month or so depending on temp and soap you use. I do not use clay lubricant if I'm going to do the whole car I will wash the car and while its still wet I'll take my clean soapy wash mitt and ring it out on the area I want to clay and use the soap as the lube. I will use clay lubricant if I only need to do a little spot. A lot of people will say that using soap will hurt the clay it will not as long as you clean your clay with water after claying. autogeek is a great place to look they have a lot good people willing to help out. If you have any questions let me know I'm always willing to help out...

Last edited by Robbie k; 12-09-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:52 PM

09 C300
I use SONAX Leather Foam Leather Cleaner & Conditioner it's really great product. You need to use brush to agitate the leather gently with the product don't let the product dry on the leather wipe it with clean MF towel

SONAX makes great products I use ammo lather and ammo mousse that brush looks great I use these https://www.solobrushes.com/Family.a...ID=29&Cat1ID=1
I use the 14 on the inside and 20 on the wheels they last forever.
Be careful using a mf towel on mb leather they are coated and I'm pretty sure they say to use a terry cloth towels on the leather