Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Cleaning Black Door FrameMoldings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E320 Wagon
Question Cleaning Black Door FrameMoldings

I just took delivery of my E-class last week and am loving it so far. I appreciate all of the tips on this forum for how to keep it looking great and have already ordered the Zaino products. My question is the following: Do you Zaino the black plastic on the door frames ? (between the front and back doors and between the back door and the back window -- I have a wagon) Or do you clean them with a Protectant?

I noticed that they seem to show scratch marks fairly easily. Everyone seems to like to close the doors by holding the door frames and they show the fingerprints easily. I am afraid they are going to look bad before too long as I will be constantly wiping them off. Any tips would be appreciated. I have not found anything here by searching but I apologize if this is covered somewhere else.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:19 AM

zaino will be fine for them

I have used zaino (either 2 or 5) on those strips for years on my 2000 E with no problems at all. They look great and using the zaino on them and the strips along the bottom of the glass has kept things simple.

There's not much you can do about the fingerprints as that seems to be the way most people close doors, but at least with the zaino they wipe off easily.

Regards.

JR
Old 12-03-2003, 11:02 PM

04' E500 w/Appear. PKG, Panorama Roof
Zaino doesn't affect plastic like other products. It leaves no residue or marks. They also have a Plastic cleaner which is really buff