Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Pre-Turkey activities

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Pre-Turkey activities

While awating family to arrive for Thanksgiving, I decided to go out in the Semi Warm California sun (Before Rain arrives this weekend) and handwash then apply a couple more coats of Zaino Z-2 to my car. Wow... I have to say it again, I LOVE ZANIO ! ... Waiting for the last coat to haze right now and then will buff out before everyone arrives. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post a few showing the highly reflective shine I have been able to create.

I need to snap some pictures for Mr. Vanos of the Pre-Painted reflector lenses as well why I'm at it....
Old 11-22-2001, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 E55
I'll be slapping on some Zaino too before the rain arrives. That way, when it rains it'll be like another car wash.
Old 11-22-2001, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
awiner, Z-5 smells much better Z-2. Do you use Z-12 Glass Polish? It smells like toothpaste.
Old 11-22-2001, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

2003 CL55 AMG
Originally posted by Lynn
awiner, Z-5 smells much better Z-2. Do you use Z-12 Glass Polish? It smells like toothpaste.
I only used a couple coats of Z-5 when I first started with Zaino. Luckily with Brilliant Silver I have not needed to use anymore Z-5 since.

I think I may buy the glass polish next time I order. How does it work? I have minor pin head sized pits in my windshield from highway driving. Will the glass polish be able to polish small things like that out ? I know Griots Garage sells some polish that they have told me will work, but I'd rather give Sal Zaino the business if his glass polish is good....
Old 11-22-2001, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know how well it would work on removing pits from the windshield. The only time I have used it so far was to remove someheavy outgassing fog from the inside of the glass. It worked great for that, and seemed to reduce the amount deposited after its use.

It does feel slightly abrasive. The bottle says it will remove fine scratches and acid rain spots.
Old 11-23-2001, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

2003 CL55 AMG
If it will remove fine scratches, changes are that it will remove the pit marks. I'll email Sal Zaino and ask him....

Just put another coat of Z-2 on... Trying to work off the 3,300 claories I ate at dinner.