Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

lime problem HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C320, Black
lime problem HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!

ive got lime on the body of my car due to parking in underground garage. does any know how to get rid of lime sefely with not damaging my car paint???

ive heard lime away is a solution , is it true??
Old 01-11-2004, 11:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 CLK 500 cab
I had this problem once, but I can't remember what I used! Try spraying it with vinegar. You will probably need to polish out when the surface lime has gone.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1998 BRABUS C 5.8
Lime

I had the same issue. DO NOT USE LIMEAWAY. It will eat your paint. So will CLR. I used a product from Hawaii made for auto paint and it didn't work so well for the lime that was built up. In the end I spent 3 hours and chipped at it with a popsicle stick. No damage to paint, just to trim.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C320, Black
thx guys for the posts

i left the lime for 2 weeks i thought it was bird feces. so on the weekend i tried every product available i didnt use lime away or clr (my friend was a detailer and a painter) ended up wet sanding it then buffing. the lime was gone but there was a lump, kind of a water mark on my paint where the lime build up was very concentrated. so if i look directly over the sun i could see the blotch left by the lime .....

for anyone have lime problem please clean them ASAP so it will not damaged ur paint.