Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Interior/Exterior Care

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 11:16 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 320
Interior/Exterior Care

I am the proud new owner of an SLK 320 in sapphire blue with marlin blue/charcoal dual-tone interior. I have traditionally not taken very good care of my cars, but I'd like to change that with this beautiful automobile. The thing is, I don't trust myself to take wash/polish/shine/wax/treat/etc. all the time but I'm willing to pay professionals to do it for me. There is a hand car wash place here in Houston called (How lame is this?) Bubbles Car Wash. They did a great job with my Honda Accord right before I traded it in, so I wanted to run their services by you guys and see if you thought there was anything in here that I should look out for. I.e., does any of this sound like it would harm the car? Do any of you all take your cars to places like this? Thanks!!!

Bubbles Hand Wash
Includes our safe and gentle Hand Wash with lamb's wool mitts, interior vacuuming, glass cleaning and detailed hand drying.

Rainbow wax conditioner
A rainbow spray wax that last 7-10 days.

Wheel Magic Treatment
Our safe, non-acid PH balanced cleanser eliminates harmful brake dust from your wheels.

Rust Sheild
Prevents premature rusting of your chassis from road chemicals, salt, solvents and pollutants.

Tire Dressing
A thick, creamy protectant that prevents tires from cracking and fading. Gives a beautiful wet look.

Exterior Dressing Package
Protects all vinyl trim and tires form ultra-violet ray deterioration and gives a clean, wet look.

Interior Dressing Package
Our lustrous crème conditioner protects vinyl and leather from harmful ultra-violet rays and daily wear and tear.
Contains no solvents which promote cracking and fading. Choose from either Doors and Dash treatment or a Complete Interior Treatment.

Saddle Soap Leather Cleaning
We use specially formulated liquid saddle soap with glycerin to clean and condition all your interior leather.
Old 04-04-2002, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You might try posting in the detailing and automotive forum.

I would not use a commercial hand wash business, but if doing it yourself is not practical, and you are happy with this place, use them.

BTW, never, never, never use saddle soap on your leather.
Old 04-07-2002, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Prius & Miata MX5 PRHT, 2010 Toyota Venza AWD, 05 C55 AMG, Yamaha 1100 Custom, Honda 250 Reflex
guido23, if you want to know more about car care.....

click on the link below to Carcareonline's "How-to Articles". Great site with lots of tips on car care. Good luck.

Carcareonline "How-to Articles"
Old 04-11-2002, 07:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
Hand wash (or have it hand washed) it weekly and wax it every few months, depending on driving habits, weather and if you store it indoors. Between washes I use Honda spray cleaner and polish to remove bugs/dirt/dust. It's an aerosol spray you can buy at your local motorcycle shop. I use it on my cars and Hayabusa and it works better than any quick detailer I've found.

Skip the vinyl-wet-look protection from the place you posted about, it will only attract dirt.