Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Nasty Car Scent!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Nasty Car Scent!!!

Was lazy the other day so I took my car to the car wash. I picked the best wash but instructed them not to put any scent. So, what happened? They put extra scent on the mat. Now it smells like a cheap 1980's limo. I removed the mat to air out but the scent still lingers (slightly) around the cabin. What can I do to deodorized it and regain the smell of leather? Thanks.

B
Old 04-16-2002, 10:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
I HATE when they do that! My only suggestion would be to clean the carpets. I have a steam cleaner at home that has a hand attachment. I used this two weeks ago to clean my carpets. I noticed the next morning that the original smell was now stronger! I also used the steam cleaner on the floor mats. I had a black mark on the drivers side from my shoes. The steam cleaner took it right out!
Old 04-16-2002, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally posted by revstriker
I HATE when they do that! My only suggestion would be to clean the carpets. I have a steam cleaner at home that has a hand attachment. I used this two weeks ago to clean my carpets. I noticed the next morning that the original smell was now stronger! I also used the steam cleaner on the floor mats. I had a black mark on the drivers side from my shoes. The steam cleaner took it right out!
That's a good idea, never thought about it. It would be a good investment. Thanks.

B
Old 04-18-2002, 07:42 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 259 Likes on 185 Posts
I think there is a product called Freebreeze which eliminates odors and there may be an extra strength version. In addition Meguiars now make an odor eliminator check out their web site under new products.
RJC