Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

sill protection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 CL500; 1992 500E:1991 560SEC
sill protection

Has anyone found a removable film to apply over door sills, similar to the film you can apply over headlights to prevent stone damage?

I hate when people, even the MB service techs drag their feet over the sills and either scratch the paint or scuff the sill.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:11 AM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 251 Likes on 182 Posts
2" masking tape works great when going in for service.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
PAINT SAVING, CLEAR PROTECTIVE SHIELD
This clear, protective shield works excellent at protecting painted areas more prone to chips and scratches. (I cringe every time I hear a high-heel shoe hit a painted doorsill.) Simply cut the desired size shield, apply positioning spray to the surface, move the cut shield into place, then squeegee out the Positioning Spray and you're done! An instant clear shield that protects your paint! Use it on front ends, along door edges, around tire wells, inside door jambs, along door sills, painted bumpers - I've had this protective shield on my wife's Suburban's door jambs for two years now, and I could peel it off at any time and the paint would still look brand new. Available in three widths, 4”, 2’, 3/8” x 12 mils thick. Sold by the foot. Not for use on plastic bumpers and repainted vehicles (Groit’s PN 77890)

~Hope this helps~