Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Never been to a detailer, but...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 05:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1998 C230
Never been to a detailer, but...

Never been to a detailer, but can they remove swirl marks and how much will it cost? I want them removed and not concealed. I must admit I am very stupid, I had just washed my car and two days later I decided to clay so i just rinsed the car...didnt think I needed to scrub it down...im such an idiot...and now the car has swirls on the hood, roof and trunk. I only did the top parts. Some parts have bad swirls other parts really don't. Please help guys. I live in the Sacramento area...any good places out there?
Old 06-25-2004, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From your description you don't have "swirls" as much as you have "marring"....in other words you scratched the top coat with the clay.

If I were doing your car I would charge you about $125 to do JUST the exterior, this of course depends on the degree of the scratches, might be more....might be less.

The services you should get from a competent detailer should be a hand wash, level the paint, polish the paint and then seal it. Tell the detailer that you do NOT want the scratches hidden with a filler type glaze but that you wish them to be removed.

Finding a good detailer is going to be harder than perhaps you yourself removing them with a PC and the right pad/products.

Wish you well,
Anthony
Old 06-29-2004, 03:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1998 C230
Thanks for the info. Does anyone know of a good detailer in the sacramento area?