Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Short on time and water - optimum no rinse wash and shine?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 12:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC300 and GLS450
Short on time and water - optimum no rinse wash and shine?

We live in California and water is scarce, not to mention the dirty looks you get when you wash your car! I am also short on time and no good car washes around. I want to keep the GLC and GLS looking good and wash them once a week or every two weeks. What is the best quick and easy method? I read the two bucket method and some of the other threads first. Is this Optimum no rinse wash ok to use? I read in this forum that waterless cleaning is not good for the chrome. Also any thoughts on a Jelly Blade?

I did get conned into a permaplate.

Any help is appreciated!
Old 06-11-2019, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Wish I would've trolled through sooner - 2 months is a long time with no responses here!

Optimum no rinse is good. Chemical Guys makes a good one now as well. Both should be used when only lightly dirty. Most important is MF towel technique. I just posted the video below in another thread. Watch the AMMO NYC youtube channel and you can learn a ton. I've used the Chemical Guys waterless wash this last Winter/Spring is nice results personally.

Would highly advise against a blade on painted surfaces. If you must, use on glass only. If there's any surface contamination still on the paint or in the water, all you're doing is dragging it across the paint, marring the surface as you're drying. The purpose of drying with an MF towel is to pick up contaminants and suspend them in the fibers, thus absorbing the water (drying) and leaving behind a clean, uncontaminated surface.

Keeping cars clean while minimizing marring and harm is more of an art than people realize. As with many trades, you can always refer to the Cheap/Fast/Good mentality. The most you'll ever get is two of the three and results vary depending on which path you choose!

Old 06-12-2019, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC300 and GLS450
Thank you! I really appreciate your help and input!