Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Anyone try this product?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Anyone try this product?

5star. Makes great claims. Anyone with experinece with it?

web site:

http://www.5starshine.com/
Old 07-12-2004, 11:10 AM

I havnt but here is a reply from someone who has.
So now you get it quick and dirty. only the facts

Washed outside, most of polishing done in very confined and cluttered garage. about 60 degrees out, mild to moderate humidity.

I washed the car with a wash mit and generic car soap

Directions say to pour all of the ionizing wash into 1 gallon of water, then wipe down the car and let it dry (10-15 minutes)

For a normal sized car, you only need 1/4 of this.
I used a terry cloth to wipe it down.

The "ionizing wash" smells like windex, but I have been assured by the company it is not.

It is really sudzy, and extremely slippery. While waiting for it to dry I tried it on our beater, and it cleaned crud off VERY well

after it dried i rinsed it off with lots of water
dried car with water blade
finnished up with a cloth.
(very important to get all water off, 5SS does not like to apply in the presance of water)

It must be applied VERY thin. Unfortunatly it spreads worse than fat free store brand butter.

Work in fast tiny circles, going over an area multiple times before it dries. (it actually takes a while to dry enough to be removed, but it seems to become too dry to work with quickly)

If you put it on too thick well have fun. It will weld itself on your paint. (this, on my hood, is what took 2 hours to correct. Don't know if it was that which caused my pounding headach, or the smell of the stuff)

removeing it is ok, just use light pressure and, multiple multiple passes, turning the (i used terry cloths) frequently. Almost no dust is produced, and the towels fowled up over about 1/3 of the car.

This stuff is the most difficult polish to apply I have ever worked with. Absofrigginlutly a major pain in my ***.

Swirl hiding/filling ability, average.

Shine, above average.

Look, not really wet, but dispite how thin it is applied, adds considerable dimension and depth to the pearl/metalic.

Feel, i have felt slicker, but it extremely smooth, soft to the touch, yet it is very hard feeling.

Conclusion. None yet, need to still observe its durability and let my passionate hate for the application experience die down.

I will comment more, when I get the pics up (THANK YOU TPGSR)

btw, anybody thinking about buying this stuff, be aware that you only get 2oz of the polish and 2oz ionizing solution damnit! I am pissed that this is not made clear on their site. That i saw anyway.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:32 PM

E55
Thanks. I am duly warned and will stay from it!!!